LVN - Madrona Primary Care Services - Torrance
Company: Pacific Medical Centers
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE screening and
interview system. Providence is calling a Licensed Vocational Nurse
(Full time/Day shift) to Providence Medical Institute in Torrance,
CA. The schedule for this position is primarily Mon-Fri 8:00am -
5:00pm, with variable hours during the week and weekends as needed.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all professional nursing
experience. We are seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse who will be
part of the team concept for the delivery of care in the ambulatory
clinic setting with emphasis on disease prevention and health
maintenance. This individual works closely with the clinical staff,
front desk personnel and other related areas. Provide direct,
professional nursing care to patients who present urgent, emergency
or potential health problems utilizing basic nursing principles and
following organizational policies and procedures. Serve as a role
model and acts as a resource for Medical Assistants. . In this
position you will:
- Act as a resource to the patient care delivery staff.
- Demonstrate competency with all position related software
- Actively participate in continuing education and meetings.
- Demonstrate the Providence Core Values including
patient-centered care and service; respect, caring and compassion;
teamwork and partnership; continuous learning and improvement.
- Promote the mission of Providence externally in a positive way.
Function as an ambassador for Providence when interfacing with
anyone outside the organization.
- Develop and maintain effective and professional relationships
with all patients, staff, and providers.
- Consistent use of AIDET system for excellent service.
- Deliver upon the service expectations of both our patients and
caregivers by listening to their needs; engaging in positive
interactions; and following through on promises made in a
thoughtful, efficient, timely and courteous manner so that their
total outcome is better than expected.
- Respect the dignity, confidentiality and privacy of
- Work in a safe manner, adhering to general safety precautions
and standards. Reports any unsafe conditions to their supervisor
and/or clinic manager.
- Basic patient care skills -- vitals, history taking, EKG,
catheterization, Accu check, sterile technique procedure set-ups,
assists in minor procedures, pulse oximetry, phlebotomy, lab draws,
autoclaving, controlled substance count, etc.
- Protime testing and procedure set-ups.
- Arrhythmia monitor hook-up.
- Administer oral, intramuscular, subcutaneous, topical, or
intra-dermal medications after the mediation has been properly
verified for the Rights of Medication Administration.
- Administer routine immunizations, therapeutic injections and
skin tests. Documents appropriately.
- Perform blood pressure checks. Informs provider of unusual
- Assist with emergencies as needed.
- Establish IV lines and monitors IV therapy as appropriate to
LVN scope of practice.
- Provide accurate, complete, legible and timely documentation of
all nursing procedures in the electronic medical record.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of nursing procedures.
- Demonstrate effective nursing judgment.
- Communicate clinically significant information to the
physician, including but not limited to, abnormal test results,
patient concerns and changes in the patient's condition.
- Perform call backs of test results as directed by the Provider
and within LVN scope of practice.
- Take patient phone calls and asks clinically appropriate
questions. Communicate this information to the physician and
follows up according to physician direction.
- Report promptly any suspected or potential violations to laws,
regulations, procedures, policies and practices, and cooperates in
- Follow correct procedures for handling and disposing of bio
hazardous infectious waste.
- Perform daily and weekly environmental cleaning and equipment
quality control and maintenance.
- Order and maintain current inventories of medication and
- Check for outdated medication on a monthly basis.
- Comply with all applicable infection control and safety
- Seeks guidance and direction as necessary, for the successful
completion of job duties, asking appropriate questions when in
- Demonstrate knowledge of all applicable compliance and legal
requirements of the job based on the scope of practice of the
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional
manner in the community. Required qualifications for this position
- Graduate of an accredited LVN school of nursing.
- Current CA State LVN license.
- IV Certification required for all PMF Urgent Cares and
preferred for all other sites.
- Current BLS-HCP-Basic Life Support -for Healthcare Providers -
American Heart Association (AHA)
- 2 years Current nursing experience.
- Requires ability to establish priorities, organize, plan and
coordinate work activities.
- Strong written communication, verbal communication, and
- Ability to exercise good judgment independently.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction adjusting
to changes in workload.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks under
- Ability to build trust and accountability with each team member
regardless of their area of expertise. Flexibility, confidence,
initiative and creativity.
- Ability to work in a high volume environment while maintaining
high quality standards.
- Ability to self-manage, set priorities and operate with minimal
- Ability to carry out defined procedures and duties under
- Ability to identify and solve problems, makes decisions, and
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with clinic
physician leadership and staff physicians to carry out clinic
mission, goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to educate patients and
- Personal style which emphasizes openness, visibility and
- Excellent listening and follow-through abilities and a
willingness to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to travel between facilities in an efficient manner.
- 1 year Nursing experience in an ambulatory clinic setting, or
minimum 1 year nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records, Windows, and
Excel-based software. About the location you will serve: Providence
Health & Services Southern California is further developing its
physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has
been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that
provides administrative and other support services to affiliated
medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow
significantly in the next several years, bringing with it
facilities, staff and physician growth to support that
Keywords: Pacific Medical Centers, Torrance , LVN - Madrona Primary Care Services - Torrance, Healthcare , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!