Company: PetVet Care Centers
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Manager add Your Hospital Location Name and Area Description
herePosition Overview: The Veterinary Technician supports hospital
operations by providing dedicated quality veterinary care and
exceptional service to our patients and clients. You will assist in
providing patient care, conducting examinations, assisting during
surgery, provide nursing care, and maintaining patient medical
records. Tasks include:
- Determine animal requirements by conducting examinations and
interviews, reviewing care plans and records, completing laboratory
tests and studies, and diagnostic imaging.
- Care for patients by taking vital signs, collecting samples,
administering medications, drugs, and vaccines, and bandaging and
- Support patient examinations and operations by assembling
required supplies and instruments, securing and bringing patients
to examination rooms, and restraining patients.
- Fill prescriptions and administer medications, including proper
documentation, logging and security of controlled drugs.
- Maintain a safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by
following documented standards and procedures in compliance with
applicable legal regulations.
- Maintain medical records by documenting patients' conditions,
reactions, and changes; updates database in an accurate and timely
- Ability to demonstrate and follow correct procedures in
catheter placement, phlebotomy, emergency medicine, and digital
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of
education, and/or experience.
- Two or more years of experience with veterinary appointments
performing above duties.
- Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT), Licensed Veterinary
Technician (LVT), Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT), or the
Licensed Veterinary Medical Technician (LVMT) preferred.
- Able to perform moderately physically demanding work, that
requires a lot of lifting (up to 50 pounds), cleaning, and constant
- Ability to work with or around sick animals, potentially
hazardous materials, cleaning chemicals, gas anesthetics, zoonotic
diseases, and unpleasant odors.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and able to work some weekends
and holidays.Manager add any additional location specific info
here: Do Not add email contacts. Must contain Please apply online
Keywords: PetVet Care Centers, Torrance , Veterinary Technician, Healthcare , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!