Director of Human Capital
Posted on: November 21, 2022
AP Keenan, an AssuredPartners company, is a successful insurance
brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of
hospitals, public entities and California school districts. AP
Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas
of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control,
financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth
and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st
century. Together, with AssuredPartners, we continue to grow at a
rapid pace, and so do the opportunities for our current and future
This is a hybrid position in Torrance, CA.
SUMMARY: Partner with the VP of Human Capital and the team to
deliver high quality, responsive programs and support to the Keenan
Region. Provide leadership to the functional areas of Human
Capital, including but not limited to: employee relations, legal
investigations, recruitment and employment, compensation, benefits
administration, training, mergers and acquisitions, on-boarding and
special projects. Responsible for managing and developing direct
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide guidance to managers, supervisors and employees on a
variety of issues, including: performance management, employee
relations, training, benefits, and compliance to the Keenan
- Conduct investigations and work with outside counsel, as
- Partner with Platform Leaders throughout the Region ensure
consistency across the Region.
- Work directly with existing and future acquisitions to ensure a
smooth on-boarding experience.
- Ensure adherence to state, federal, and other statutory
guidelines. Research and assist in providing responses to inquiries
from EEOC, DFEH, and other governmental agencies.
- Analyze results from employee feedback mechanisms (30-day
survey, 6 month survey, exit interview) to identify organizational
issues and trends, and make recommendations to improve
- Provide management, training and development to the Keenan
Agencies, HCap Generalists and Staffing Specialists.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality when dealing with
highly sensitive issues or information.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal relations and
conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to persuade, convince, and influence
others in order to achieve a specific result, as well as to lead by
example in challenging the status quo.
- Function as a catalyst and coach by guiding others at all
levels of the organization, utilizing a facilitative approach and
advancing the learning and development of others. Treat people with
dignity while promoting an effective climate, good morale, and
- Adhere to compliance of all governmental and labor legal
requirements including any related to the Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Department of Labor,
Workers' Compensation, and Occupational Safety and Health
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of eight (8) years of recent HR managerial level work
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of federal and state
employment regulations (i.e. Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, CA state
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- The individual needs to be a team player and an effective
mentor and coach for the HCap team while being able to influence
others and build relationships so they can be viewed as a strategic
partner on human capital issues.
- The candidate must have excellent verbal, written, and
interpersonal skills, along with analytical and creative thinking
in order to be proactive in looking for new solutions and
opportunities - able to get to the root of a complex problems and
show adaptability and flexibility in solving problems.
SOFTWARE: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and
Word. Adept at accessing business data from the Internet when
required. Experience in HRIS systems required.
Keywords: Keenan, Torrance , Director of Human Capital, Executive , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!