Assistant Accounting Manager
Company: Pentel Of America LTD
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Love to make, create, innovate or inspire?Then you would love
working at Pentel of America!We have a long-established tradition
of supporting self-expression and creativity, exploring boundaries
and innovating new writing instruments and art supplies - all while
promoting good planet stewardship.If these sound like things you
value, we probably should be working together. :-)
Wage: $65K - 75K Annual
Core business hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm, 7.5 hour daily work
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Ins. AD&D, Sup. Life,
Vacation, Sick (6), 401K, Holidays (12)
The Assistant Accounting Manager is responsible for the accurate
and complete input and output of all financial information of the
company and other activities performed by the accounting
department, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable (AR)/credit
department. Assists the Accounting Manager in ensuring the accuracy
and reliability of all financial information generated by the
accounting, Accounts Payable and AR/Credit department and works
efficiently with other departmental staff.
- Assists the Accounting Manager in the development and
implementation of goals, priorities, and procedures relating to
accounting and AR/Credit.
- Assists the Accounting Manager in managing financial activities
of the Accounting, AP, and AR/Credit departments and maintains
general and subsidiary ledgers, ensuring all costs and expenses
incurred are properly recorded
- Assists the Accounting Manager in standardizing and
streamlining the flow of Accounting, AP, and AR/Credit
- Assists the Accounting Manager in Identifying financial status
by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and
- Assists the Accounting Manager in Identifying trends and
recommending actions to Corporate Controller and CFO based on sound
- Assists the Accounting Manager in driving process improvement
and policy development initiatives that impact the
- Participates in the ongoing development/establishment of
accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies
including the review and implementation of process and system
- Assists the Accounting Manager in managing preparation of
documents to meet standards and comply with laws, regulations, and
- Analyzes the effect of statutory accounting practices and
studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Produces Monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements,
fluctuation analysis reports and ad hoc financial reports by
collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and
- Assists the Accounting Manager in developing and maintaining
audit schedules/reconciliations required by auditors and management
on a monthly basis and at any time required for
- Assists the Accounting Manager in managing accounting and
finance activities in day-to-day operations and priorities,
including general accounting, accounts receivable/credit,
inventory, fixed assets, general ledger and training of accounting
and AR/credit personnel.
- Assists in all internal audits involving review of accounting
and administrative controls.
- Assists the Accounting Manager in coordinating preparation of
external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Maintains effectiveness and efficiency by identifying and
resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Supervises and handles accounting journal entries for month end
and fiscal year closing.
- Manages full cycle of company's fixed assets
- Responsible for all sales & use taxes and governmental
reporting are compiled and filed in a timely manner.
- Maintains a teamwork atmosphere and take on the opportunity to
- Assigned to tasks and projects as needed and on an ad hoc
- Provide leadership and guidance to ensure successful execution
of company goals and objectives.
- Train team in all functional areas to better understand the
- Regular attendance and punctuality are an essential duty
including time management
For Management: included are duties & responsibilities common to
all supervisory & management positions including performance/salary
review, training, safety, report preparation, EEO/AAP, scheduling,
- Internal: Company wide
- External: Sales and Use Tax Government Agencies, Auditors,
The preceding functions have been provided examples of the types of
work performed by employees assigned to this job classification.
Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind
work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
Performs any additional duties as required by company
Keywords: Pentel Of America LTD, Torrance , Assistant Accounting Manager, Executive , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!