Division Vice President
Company: Athens Services
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Overview & Essential Job Functions
The Division Vice President works in all business aspects (revenue
growth and managing cost) of a hauling facility. In addition, the
Division Vice President will ensure the highest standards of
environmental safety and operational excellence by effectively
managing the day-to-day operation and continuous improvement of
assigned hauling facility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage performance of operations and maintenance
- Manage the day-to-day operations and maintenance, meeting
performance standards and productivity metrics.
- Ensure the training and development of the skills of the
workforce by providing proper guidance and coaching.
- Engaging in the interview process in order to hire the most
talented and qualified personnel.
- Conducting weekly staff meetings with management team.
- Determines workflow, staffing levels, monitors equipment
operations and maintenance, conducts safety training, all while
fostering a work environment based on teamwork and
- Provide monthly projection data and analysis. Review
year-to-date and prior year budget data comparisons.
- Ensure facilities meet all Federal and State Regulations, OSHA
and local requirements.
- Establish the necessary procedures to ensure overall safety of
employees, customers and visitors.
- Engage employees to create a safe, energetic work environment
through feedback and recognition.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of facility, equipment,
and property through inspections and preventive maintenance
Qualifications & Environmental Demands
- Bachelor's Degree (Business preferred)
- 7 to 10 year's management experience.
- Experience managing a transportation operation or warehousing
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and other related state and federal
- Must have demonstrated leadership, problem solving and
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to coach and develop
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with general public and
regulatory agencies as well as political contacts.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
Preferred Qualifications: -
- Previous experience in the waste-recycling or transportation
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, & noise
- Exposure to grease, oil, chemicals, & wet conditions
- Primarily works in office setting, but will be required to
travel in the field.
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K, Profit Sharing, Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any
other applicable state, federal or local laws.
Keywords: Athens Services, Torrance , Division Vice President, Executive , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!