Director (Airborne Avionics Systems, GH Integrity, OpenGL)
Company: Sysazzle, Inc.
Posted on: January 9, 2022
- Full-time Company Description Sysazzle's client, a fast-growing
Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced
military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions has an
immediate opportunity for a Director of Embedded Systems. Job
Description The Director of Embedded Systems will provide
system-level electronic solution design expertise and leadership.
The successful candidate will quickly become a recognized and
respected technical resource in the organization, and represent
organization by discussing innovations with customers at various
meetings, designs reviews, design various review activities and
initiate business development activities to capture follow on and
new business opportunities for organization. He/She will have
excellent communication skills, a team oriented approach, an
interdisciplinary outlook and strong self-motivation.
- Lead the strategic and tactical direction for the Embedded
Systems within the Airborne Avionics Systems Division, including
architecture, design, implementation, and full software development
- Hire, develop and manage team that will work closely with
customers and cross-functional teams to derive requirements,
architect, design, implement and test hardware/software systems
using Linux, VxWorks, INTEGRITY and other operating systems. In
addition to assisting with hardware design the team will also
define and develop the OS BSP/drivers and middleware.
- Drive customer engagement and create strategic partnerships
that foster growth of the overall Airborne Avionics Systems
- Accountable for timely execution and successful delivery of new
products. AND Ensure technical specifications and meet customer
- Present proposals, schedule, budget, and designs to clients and
- Initiate and compose technical proposals, and review proposals
written by others.
- Ensure development and communication of all pertinent
documentation, such as CR D, SOW, Release Notes, etc.
- Lead/mentor team in completing their assignments, and
coordinate assignments with other project team members.
- Ensure the accuracy/appropriateness of all work products from
activities and team members.
- Ensure project development plans are realistic and address
- Work with customers and direct team to solve field problems,
and to participate in field testing.
- Provide and support technical liaison between customers,
engineering, and other non-engineering functional groups.
- Embedded Systems experience with a bachelors degree and/or
masters degree in Hardware Engineering
- Hands on technical experience in both software and hardware
engineering; embedded hardware preferred
- 5+ years software engineering experience; hands on design
- Must have RTOS (Green Hills Integrity strongly desired)
- OpenGL experience required - developing GUI graphics for
- Thought leader in the Mil/Aero industry with proven success in
wining new business and growing a product line - experience writing
and winning proposals a plus!
- Knowledgeable of DO178B or certifiable software enviroment
- Ideal candidates will have the experience of having taken a
software package along with a system and go through a certification
process with the FAA.
- Must be a director of high integrity with mature management and
organizational skills who consistently builds effective
relationships. Will support/mentor cross-functional teams. Possess
an open, honest and collaborative style.
- Experience leading organizations through change and embracing
new ways of working while delivering outstanding business
- Candidate will have excellent communication skills, both verbal
- Familiarity in designing and debugging system software for PPC,
ARM and x86 based platforms
- Familiarity with hardware design, block diagrams and
- Understanding of current OS'es, IDEs, stopmode/runmode
debuggers and kernel/virtual address space systems
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Additional Information All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Sysazzle, Inc., Torrance , Director (Airborne Avionics Systems, GH Integrity, OpenGL), Executive , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!