Senior Director, IPA Operations
Posted on: May 5, 2021
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:Responsible for planning, directing,
coordinating and supervising the functions and activities of the
IPA primary care network(s) and specialty delivery networks at
OptumCare. Directs a team of managers and provider relation
teammates to drive clinical and financial outcomes, ensure
enrollment growth and retention, patient satisfaction, and superior
provider/partner relationships. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate OptumCare commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care and concern with each internal and external
- Partner with providers to drive differentiated clinical results
with coordinated provider communication, actionable reports, and
effective management process
- Develops and maintains service excellence with partner
providers through effective communication, coordination, and follow
- Creates and drives strategic growth projects within the region
and works collaboratively with other departments as needed to
execute those plans.
- Manages direct reports to ensure that they are meeting
performance expectations and provides leadership and direction to
them. Performs counseling as necessary.
- Implements and manages departmental budgets.
- Drive special projects to improve operations throughout
OptumCare CA network.
- Develops and implements plans to enhance regional provider
satisfaction and performance.
- Develops programs and coordinates with central clinical teams
to assure that outpatient and/or inpatient utilization is directed
in a way that minimizes cost and maximizes quality and continuity
- Administers all IPA incentive plans including input on plan
design, producing plan documents, provider education and
- Facilitates provider and staff education including community
meetings, lunch and learns, provider office in-services, and other
targeted in-services as necessary.
- Work closely with the physician leadership of the IPA to garner
support for IPA initiatives and get their feedback as to what
initiatives will be most successful.
- Uses, protects, and discloses OptumCare patients' protected
health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or
other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using a
UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the
work site each day, in or Employees must comply with any state and
local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnithedHealth Group
building, Employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where
physical distancing cannot be
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college and/or a
professional certification requiring formal education beyond a
- Master's degree in Health Care Administration, Business
Administration or Nursing preferred.EXPERIENCE: Minimum:
- Over 7 years of experience in health care operations or related
- 4 to 6 years management experience in health care (preferably
in a medical group or IPA setting).KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Computer literate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with peers and subordinates.
- Ability to act professionally under pressure.
- Results-oriented. Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built
an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care
work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group
family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds
and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to
reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high
performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter.
Here you'll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a
singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (SM) Diversity
creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical
practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, protected veteran status, disability status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status,
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free
workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before
Keywords: Optum, Torrance , Senior Director, IPA Operations, Executive , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!