R&D Process Engineer
Company: King's Hawaiian
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Joining King's Hawaiian makes you part of our `ohana (family).
We are a family-owned business for over seventy years, respecting
our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow
and care for our customers and the communities we serve. Our `ohana
members build an environment of inclusivity as they freely
collaborate, pursue learning through curiosity, and explore
innovation as critical thinkers. Beyond that, we are also
passionate about supporting the long-term health and well-being of
our employees and their families. If you're excited to rise with
our team, come and join our `ohana!At KING'S HAWAIIAN we create
unique and irresistible food that people love beyond reason. We are
not in the business of copying mainstream products or pursuing
short-term trends. Our goal is to create new growth for the company
by introducing new Hawaii-inspired food products. In many cases
this will be through leveraging Hawaii inspired ingredients and
flavors to create unique recipes. We also believe we have
permission to create new-to-world products and flavors that meet
the irresistible standard of our brand and foster the Aloha Spirit.
The R&D Process Engineer will report to the Head of Innovation
& Commercialization. This role will be a part of a collaborative
Innovation team consisting of culinary chefs, pastry chefs,
marketing, project management and consumer insights experts who
work together to innovate and commercialize new irresistible
products made with Aloha available to everyone, everywhere.
Self-starter - we live and work in an entrepreneurial environment.
You thrive in ambiguity and can work autonomously to deliver
Problem Solver - you love to take on challenges and solve problems.
It bothers you when you see something not working efficiently or an
ambiguous situation in need of a solution. You can't help but jump
in to find answers and create change.
Curious - You are not someone who only reads the headlines. You
have an instinctive desire to always dig deeper, understand why,
and challenge ways of thinking. Your curiosity leads to new and
alternative solutions to problems.
Exceptional communication - silence and sugar-coating are enemies.
We believe "telling it like it is in a way that it can be heard" is
vital to executing cross-functional innovation & commercialization
Team player - it takes many types of skillsets to develop and
launch a new product at King's Hawaiian. We must be selfless and
unassuming in our work, always willing to collaborate and put the
team first. While you enjoy and self-manage your own work, you love
being a part of a team, especially a team with diverse backgrounds
- Participate in the identification, design, development, testing
and qualification of process systems in support of new product
- Manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Creatively solve technical problems in a rapid, efficient
- Follow the Capital Expenditure Request (CER) process to plan,
budget, and track front-end innovation projects
- Develop new equipment and processes with detailed documentation
- Assist in pipeline prioritization and technical assessment of
future innovation projects & ideas
- Collaborate with chefs, food scientists, operations, used
equipment brokers, manufacturers, and machine shops on new
- Ability to travel up to 10%Skills/Experience:
- Minimum 5 years in technical manufacturing role with expertise
in at least one area of mechanical, electrical, control system, or
- Proven technical capability and ability to solve problems
- Strong computer, analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal
- Proficiency with design software such as AutoCAD, Solidworks,
Pro-E, or similar
- Knowledge and experience with GMP facilities and equipment
- Technical procurement experience
- Proven ability to work cross functionally
- CPG industry experience preferred#LI-BE1King's Hawaiian is an
equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for our ohana.
Keywords: King's Hawaiian, Torrance , R&D Process Engineer, Engineering , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!