Senior Electrical Engineer (Avionics)
Company: Intellisense Systems Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Intellisense Systems, Inc., is a Southern California high tech
company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland
security, and energy solutions. We are seeking a Senior Electrical
Engineer for our Intelligent Display and Sensor Systems Department.
The successful candidate will bring significant expertise in
Electronics Engineering Design and Development, Mixed Signal Analog
and Digital Electronic Hardware Design.What You'll Bring:
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or
a related field with 7+ years of experience or master's degree with
5+ years' experience in embedded systems hardware and support
- Experience designing circuitry and mitigating EMC (EMI/RFI)
interferences is preferred
- In depth, practical, hands on experience designing and
troubleshooting complex microcontroller and FPGA based systems to
the component level.
- Extensive experience with CAD/CAE systems including Schematic
Capture, PCB Layout (Altium Designer preferred), Logic Simulators,
Digital Logic, Communications, Avionics, and Data Conversion.
- Familiarity with systems engineering practice in allocating and
developing board level requirements to ensure the overall
objectives are addressed.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written) including
generating engineering documents such as ICD, ATP, QTP, ESS and
presenting design progress at major project milestones (e.g., SRR,
PDR, CDR) is a plus.
- Participate in internal hardware design reviews and support
regression tests of firmware code.
- A proven track record as an Electrical Design Lead in a team
environment is essential.
- Experience generating circuit card fabrication and assembly
drawings for a production environment is essential.
- Experience with standard communication interfaces such as I2C,
SPI, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, USB 2.0 / 3.0, Ethernet,
Gigabit-Ethernet. CAN BUS, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, and ARINC-708,
- Understanding of DO-254 / DO-178 design development is a
- Successful track record of designing products to pass
MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-1275, or MIL-STD1399
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Must be willing and able to
obtain a Security Clearance or have an active Secret Security
Clearance.This role will develop embedded electronics hardware for
military avionics systems and wearable electronics. We are looking
for an energetic and motivated candidate with the ability to
address multiple projects and requirements in our rapidly growing
business. The candidate will have a proven track-record of
decomposing a complex overall effort into easily manageable tasks
and the ability to prioritize work while supporting multiple
projects. The candidate will work with the team to create and
implement designs from concept to prototype to qualified product.
This is a hands-on technical position for someone looking for a
role as a key contributor on a growing team.What You'll Do:
- Create new designs from client requirements
- Maintain existing designs to improve performance,
manufacturability, or to replace obsolete components
- Modify existing designs to meet new requirements
- Provide complete product documentation packages including
schematics, parts lists, hardware specifications, test plans, test
procedures, qualification reports, product brochures, operation and
- Provide technical support to clients online, by phone and on
- Perform independent technical reviews of other engineers'
plans, designs, and documents
- Perform work in accordance with established Quality Assurance
program and Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide estimates for new designs and R&D planning
- Determine design approaches and parameters
- Selects components and equipment based on analysis of
specifications and reliability
- Design special test equipment when needed to ensure complex
- Develop and review technical data package documentation.
- Other duties as assignedWhat You Could Expect:
- The freedom to take risks, to innovate, and to be
- Partner with trusting leadership that approaches tasks and
requests with urgency.
- Deliver products that are continually recognized as industry
- Alternative Work Schedule
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- 4 Weeks PTO a year (including 40 hours of PTO your first
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an
individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship,
U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as
defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer
M/F/D/V. Intellisense Systems, Inc is an Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without
regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other
legally protected status.YLag2qq5Da
Keywords: Intellisense Systems Inc, Torrance , Senior Electrical Engineer (Avionics), Engineering , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!