Company: MANSON WESTERN LLC
Posted on: January 16, 2022
General Job Description:We are looking for an experienced Senior
Core Engineer to join our growing team of core services experts.
The hire will be responsible for providing thought leadership on
design, development, implementation, and support of scalable APIs
and Microservices. The ideal candidate is experienced in design,
implementation of scalable architectures on Amazon AWS. The Senior
Core Engineer will work with architects, UI engineers, data
engineers, QA, DevOps, and Security in a collaborative environment
to ensure delivery of quality and secure solutions. They must be
self-directed and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple
teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited
by the prospect of optimizing and developing solutions for our next
generation of products and data initiatives. The ideal candidate
will have 5+ years of experience in API/Microservices engineering
and have attained certifications in Cloud Architecture and
API/Microservices development.Essential Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, Product
Managers, Database Engineers, UI Engineers, QA, and DevOps
- Set and enforce standards for node using industry best
practices and tools like eslint and webpack. This include how code
is formatted, compiled, shared, re-used, loaded on each page, and
repo is defined for the code.
- hands-on experience in server-side frameworks and a good
knowledge of, CCS3, LESS, SCSS, HTL, SSR loading of assets.
- Involvement in Analysis, Estimation, Coding,
- Identify performance bottlenecks and provide viable
- Identify cost savings opportunities and provide implementation
- Bug fixing and troubleshooting the fixes of the existing
- Participation in Agile Development Process and all SDLC
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills
with excellent professional attitude.
- Develop and enforce standards and best practices including
performance, security, monitoring policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.Position Requirements (Skills,
other scripting language.
- 2+ years AWS experience with Lambda, API Gateway and SQS/SNS,
including the ability to develop CloudFormation/Terraform template
for new apps.
- Strong computer science fundamentals including, but not limited
to big O notation, data structures, networking, operating systems,
threads, and processes.
- Extensive experience building and publishing SDK's and
libraries (reusable modules)
- Experience with git, continuous integration, and deployment
- Expert level coding skills with modern web development
frameworks, toolsets, and development methodology like express,
nestjs, nextjs, meteorjs, koajs, fastity, hapijs, angular,
knockoutjs, emberjs, and vuejs.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial
page-updates, and AJAX
- Good understanding of asynchronous queue driven worker
processes using technologies like SQ, SNS, Kafka, ActiveMQ,
RabbitMQ or similar.
- Good understanding of authentication, authorization, and
ability to implement solutions using OAuth2, JWT, OpenId, or
- Knowledge of AWS Fundamentals such as Storage, compute,
Serverless/Lambda, Security with IAM and Performance tools
- Strong customer service skills and passion to work through
obstacles to produce results.
- Able to work in a projects-based, team environment.
- Proficient in multi-tasking and managing multiple projects,
able to meet target completion dates.
- Able to be flexible and adapt to change.Physical
Requirements:(The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds,
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close
vision and Distance vision.
- The auditory/hearing abilities required by the job include the
ability to hear others using a phone or online conferencing
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to walk and sit for
- This individual must be a responsible person and regular
attendance is required.Travel:0%WPS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and
those qualified are encouraged to apply.Equal Employment
Opportunity is The Law. - Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
ProvisionWPS will consider qualified applicants with criminal
histories for employment.At this time, WPS is unable to provide
Keywords: MANSON WESTERN LLC, Torrance , Core Engineer, Engineering , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!