Sr. Accountant - #0170
Company: Sonsray Inc
Posted on: November 20, 2023
At Sonsray, we're in the business of moving mountains. Sonsray
supports the construction, transportation, and agriculture
industries. We are the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration
& temperature control equipment dealership on the West Coast. We
provide comprehensive sales, as well as parts and service support,
including rental and leasing programs for our Thermo King
Why work here?
We offer a family-like environment, great benefits, competitive
pay, and encourage individual growth while rewarding performance!
Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 600
employees and 35+ locations.
At Sonsray, we value our employees, their contributions, and most
importantly, their ideas! We know that the key to moving mountains
is teamwork. A Day in the Life of a Sr. Accountant: TheSenior
Accountantwill be based out of our corporate office located in
Torrance, CA reporting to the Controller. TheSenior Accountantis a
hands-on position and will assist the Controller, focusing on
reviewing daily equipment lease and rental transactions and monthly
general ledger reconciliation. The Sr. Accountant will be
responsible for assisting the controller in overseeing the
day-to-day accounting operations and will include, but not be
limited to, processing full cycle and high-volume entries and
account reconciliation for multiple locations including the
- Reconcile and process equipment lease and
- Assist the controller in the month-end closing process and
- Balance Sheet account reconciliation and supporting
- Reconcile bank accounts and corporate credit card
- Conduct research and compile data as needed.
- Ensure managers are well-informed regarding activities, pending
issues, and potential problems.
- Complete ad hoc tasks as needed (audit support, assist with
annual reporting, etc.)
- Process Business License Renewals for locations as needed.
- Prepare and authorize DOT permits, property tax payments,
environmental permits, NV Commerce tax, Oregon CAT fees, deferral
excise tax, and IFTA/DMV renewal for Nevada.
- Performs other functions or duties delegated by the
CFO/Controller in line with the objectives of the dealership.
- 10+ years of professional experience processing full-cycle
accounting including GAAP.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or a related field
of study is required to be considered.
- High volume,multiple locations, and experience in reconciling
inventory variances are necessary to be considered.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well in a fast-paced
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications or Google
Workspace, Advanced Excel, and ERP (Oracle, JD Edwards, SAP, or
- Ability to work with large data and have strong data analysis
- Ability to learn and adapt to various accounting software in a
- Ability to maintain professionalism and exercise judgment in a
- Self-starter, strong work ethic, and exceptional customer
service skills required.
- Exhibit professionalism in all forms of communication.
- Experience working for a minimum $100M revenue
- Construction industry and Dealership environment is desired but
- Flexibility to work OT daily and weekends when necessary.
- $95,000.00 - $100,000 a year (DOE) Benefits Include:
- Life Insurance/AD&D coverage
- Voluntary LTD & Aflac
- 401K Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday
- Onsite Fitness Facility Available Apply for Sr. Accountant -
#0170 First name (required) Last name (required) Email address
(required) Phone number (required) I would like to communicate with
the hiring team via text message about my application and next
steps. Address (required) City (required) State/Province Were you
referred by anyone? Yes No Please add your resume (optional) 10MB
limit; .pdf, .doc, and .docx file types are accepted. ATTACH FILE
Work History City (required) State Job title held (required) End
date Current Other Information Have you ever worked for Sonsray
Inc. or affiliated companies? If so, please list the location, your
job title, employment dates and ending year. How did you hear about
our ad? (Referral, Sonsray Recruiter, agency, career fair, Indeed,
Linkedin, ZipRecruiter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Google, Sonsray Career
Site, Craigslist, etc.) Are you at least 18 years old? (If under
18, hire is subject to verification that you are of minimum legal
age to work) Yes or No Are you at least 21 years of age and possess
a current and acceptable valid "C" Driver's License? Yes or No
(Required to drive for the company) We comply with the ADA and
consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary
for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
Do you require reasonable accommodation? Yes or No Desired
compensation range? What days and hours are you available for work?
Are you available for work on weekends? Would you be available to
work overtime, if necessary? Are you able to work a flexible
schedule, if needed? Do you have a legal right to work for any
employer in the United States? Select Signature and VerificationI
certify that the answers given herein are true, accurate, and
complete to the best of my knowledge. I authorize an investigation
into all statements I have made on this Form as may be necessary
for reaching an employment decision. In the event I am offered a
job, I understand it is subject to passing a thorough criminal
background check and drug test, and any false or misleading
information I knowingly provided herein or in subsequent interviews
may result in discharge and/or legal action. I understand that this
Career History Form is not the sole basis from which a hiring
decision has been made and understand that this Form will be used
in conjunction with a series of interviews and assessments to
determine my suitability for the role to which I am applying.
Signature (required) Date: 10/23/2023 Please contact us if you
would like to better understand our data collection and usage
Keywords: Sonsray Inc, Torrance , Sr. Accountant - #0170, Accounting, Auditing , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!