Company: Dexter Magnet Technologies
Posted on: November 14, 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY: Magnetic Component Engineering ("MCE"), a
subsidiary of Dexter Magnetic Technologies ("Dexter"), manufactures
permanent magnets and magnetic assemblies made to demanding
customer specification in the aerospace / defense, semiconductor
equipment, medical, and industrial end markets. MCE is based in
Torrance, CA and operates one 48,000 square foot facility with 85
employees. For more information on Magnetic Component Engineering,
please visit: https://www.mceproducts.com/ Basic Purpose and
Objective of the Position Position will assist in directing the
fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with generally
accepted accounting principles and in accordance with financial
management techniques and practices appropriate within the
industry. Candidate needs to be self-starting and work with very
little supervision. Candidate must be able analyze financial
results and translate them back to the department managers and
provide actions to improve the performance of the business. Major
Responsibilities - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Coordinate and assist in directing the monthly close, monthly
forecast, annual budget and other investment activities of all or
part of the organization.
- Supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting,
accounts payable, payroll and budgeting duties.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures
for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit
management, and accounting.
- Focus on inventory accounting and controls, as well as cost
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business
activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets to
support the business and satisfy reporting requirements for the
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and
procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve
the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others
within the financial discipline.
- Optimize strategies to enhance cash position.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts
into which the corporation may enter.
- Perform other duties or any other tasks/work duties as assigned
from time to time. **Targeted Salary**$140,000-$175,000 depending
on experience **Qualifications**
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; Master's degree
preferred or equivalent experience and either CPA or CMA
- 5-10 years of related experience and / or training, or
equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must possess financial management, business acumen and the
ability to think strategically.
- Must have the ability to coordinate financial projects with
detailed technical content and time constraints.
- A team player with well-developed interpersonal skills and the
ability and desire to make positive contributions to the work
- Excellent oral, written and listening skills required to
communicate well with people of all levels, skill sets, and
- Must possess a professional manner to ensure successful
communications with co-workers, clients, subcontractors and
managers at all levels.
- Strong sense of ethics and a talent for efficient and creative
- Possess decision making skills to appropriately handle
requests, identify details needed to fill requests and / or get
input from others, interpret priorities, balance depth of work and
delivery date, determine task list, enlist appropriate resources,
initiate work flow process(es), summarize results and communicate
- Respond effectively to changes in workload, schedules and
- Strong general computing skills such as MS Office ERP systems
(Epicor preferred) and an expert knowledge of MS Excel for data
manipulation and calculations required
- Manage time effectively and strive to contain costs and reduce
- Excellent technical report writing and presentation skills -
including ability to appropriately present technical information to
all levels of the organization.
- Assist with special projects and perform other related duties
as assigned. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Machines & technologies you'll use:
Keywords: Dexter Magnet Technologies, Torrance , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!