Country Finance Head - West
Company: CEVA Logistics
Posted on: July 29, 2022
YOUR ROLE This role acts as the finance business partner for the
North America West region, covering the entire West Coast of the
US, as well as Texas. Responsible to provide leadership, guidance
and advice to Country Managing Director and regional Product and
business unit management teams on existing business, forecasts and
budget, and monthly operating results for Freight Management
stations and Contract Logistics contracts. Makes recommendations
based on analysis and interpretation of statistics of current and
future operations. Ensures compliance with corporate objectives,
policies, and procedures, ISO guidelines and other regulatory
requirements. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding
principles and core values. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
- Responsible for ensuring the completeness, accuracy,
timeliness, and validity of all accounting transactions for the
Region are recorded and reported in accordance with International
Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Prepares annual budget and monthly forecasts for the region in
conjunction with the Country Managing Director and by partnering
with regional Product leadership, station, and contract
- Provides leadership, guidance, and financial advice to regional
and business unit management teams on existing business, forecast
and budget, and monthly operating results regarding station,
financial, operating and system issues.
- Coordinate the monthly preparation of the Region's management
business review and participates in presentation to the North
America CEO and CFO.
- Directs the monthly business unit reviews within the Region
sharing monthly results with a strong focus on areas weakness and
- Provides recommendations based on analysis and interpretation
of statistics of current and future operation.
- Develops and implements cost reduction initiatives.
- Drive daily focus with operations to post and close shipment
files, billing and accurate and complete cost and revenue accruals
- Implement, document, and maintain adequate and effective
processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure
accurate and timely reporting.
- Follow up with the Finance shared services to ensure that
regional AP, AR, billing services are executed properly and resolve
escalations and exceptions.
- Comply with all statutory reporting requirements and internal
- Assisting with pricing decisions and overall economic
evaluation on new customer/project bids
- Able to put together CAPEX investment assessments on new
investments or business opportunities
- Develops operational financial tools by product, carrier, and
- Utilizes superior communications skills to motivate staff; and
develops effective working relationships with peers, executives,
- Keeps abreast of emerging technology changes and innovations
through formal or informal study, reading business and professional
publications, networking, and participation in professional
organizations. WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- MBA preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred. Experience
- Minimum ten years related experience.
- Minimum 7 years industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory or managerial experience required.
Role has limited number of direct reports, but requires strong
influencing and communication skills to achieve desired outcomes
with various stakeholders, notably with regional process teams
(PTP, OTC, RTR) and fellow country Management team members
Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Computer literate. Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft
Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications
including ERP systems such as JDE (Oracle) and Freight Management
and Transportation Management systems.
- Demonstrated success in working in a matrix organization
- Experienced in financial management (P&L's, Balance Sheets,
forecasting and budgets) to effectuate return on investment.
- Excellent planning, time management, collaboration, decision
making, organization, presentation and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated success in problem solving through use of data and
information metrics and improvement to performance process.
- Proficient in project management methodologies with a focus on
managing solution driven strategy plans to achieve goals.
- Manages complex or emotional customer situations promptly and
professionally meeting commitments for service and assistance.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition;
handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the
- Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to
help build a cohesive team and facilitates the completion of team
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with
multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from management, employees, customers, and vendors. WHAT
DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?With a genuine culture of recognition, we want
our employees to grow, develop and be part of our journey. We offer
a benefits package with a focus on your wellbeing. This includes
competitive Paid Time Off, 401(k), health insurance and an employee
benefits platform that offers discounts on gym memberships and a
diverse range of retail, travel, car, and hospitality brands,
including important offerings like pet insurance.We are a team in
every sense, and we support each other and work collaboratively to
achieve our goals together.It is our goal that you will be
compensated for your hard work and commitment, so if you would like
to work for one of the top Logistics providers in the world then
let's work together to help you find your new role.ABOUT TOMORROWWe
value your professional and personal growth. That's why we share
plenty of career opportunities for you to thrive within CEVA. This
role can be the first step on your career path with us. You can
stay in the same job family, find a new family to grow in (an
almost limitless number of options) or find your own path. Join
CEVA for a challenging and rewarding career.
Keywords: CEVA Logistics, Torrance , Country Finance Head - West, Accounting, Auditing , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!