Company: Sonsray Inc.
Posted on: March 21, 2020
Sonsray Inc. is privately owned and operated company.-- From the
borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada,
Oregon and Washington making us the largest Thermo King transport
refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership and CASE
CNH Construction Equipment Distributor on the West Coast. Our
Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 400 employees
and 23 combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine
parts, factory authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance and
rentals that offers a unique environment fostering individual
growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory
training technician programs, state of the art shops equipped with
modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology
and training for their day-to-day business operations. We are
seeking a strong Staff--Accountant to assist with all aspects of
the Accounting Department for 13 locations. The Staff--Accountant
is responsible for maintaining the balance sheet reconciliations
and schedules, as well as assisting in the day-to-day accounting
transactions through A/R, A/P, G/L and inventory.-- This position
is located at our corporate office in Torrance and reports to the
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures.
- Monthly reconciliation: Credit cards, bank statement, balance
sheet and preparation of supporting schedules to monthly close
- Maintain a system of controls over the accounting
- Analyze revenues, commissions, margin and expenses to ensure
they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Maintain sales tax rates
- Assist with financial and tax audits.
- Assist with the accounting of all equipment purchases with the
- Handle financing payoffs with the equipment manufacturer.
- Process equipment invoicing.
- Review internal Work Orders and Freight Invoices.
- Set-up rental assets and depreciation schedules.
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting
requirements, tax filings, and business license renewals.
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc requests.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration or
accounting certificate is highly preferred.
- 1-3 years--years of experience with credible accounting and
reporting position with substantial experience in month end close,
consolidations, financial reporting, audits, budgeting and
forecasting for multiple companies/divisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and abstract reasoning
skills; have a natural ability for being detailed oriented and
accurate with numbers and reporting.--
- Excellent computer skills, including excellent capabilities
with Excel and a strong ability to create and design effective
reports.-- Extensive experience with Pivot Tables and Vlookup is a
must to be considered.
- Strong ability to plan and organize multiple projects and tasks
under strict deadlines.
- Experience supporting multiple locations is preferred, but not
- Experience in a dealership environment is preferred, but not
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required
to stand and walk; sit for a long length of time; and reach with
hands and arms. The employee must occasionally be able to lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds. Anything above 25 pounds will require
assistance of a team member. The employee may occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and
ability to adjust focus. Must operate equipment such as phone,
computer, copy machine, fax machine, and any other office related
equipment.--Benefits: Benefits package includes competitive salary,
401k matching, HMO/PPO medical, dental, and vision plan, life
insurance, vacation, sick and holiday pay. --
Keywords: Sonsray Inc., Torrance , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Torrance, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!